The Position Of the Salaf On Fleeing From the People of Desires/Innovations ["So Flee Unto Allah.." 51:50]

Sunday, October 11, 2009


Al-Layth Ibn Sa'd (d. 175H) said, "If I saw a person of desires (innovations) walking upon the water I would not accept from him." So Imaam Shafi'i then said, "He (Al-Layth) has fallen short. If I saw him (the innovator) walking in the air, I would not accept from him."
(Reported by As-Suyooti in Al-Amr bil-Ittibaa' wan-Nahee 'anil-Ibtidaa')


Al-Fudayl Ibn 'Iyaad (d. 187H) said, "Whoever sits with a person of innovation, then beware of him and whoever sits with a person of innovation has not been given wisdom. I love that there was a fort of iron between me and a person of innovation. That I eat with a Jew or Christian is more beloved to me than that I eat with a person of innnovation."
(Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee, No. 1149)

Al-Fudayl Ibn 'Iyaad also said, "I met the best of people, all of them people of the Sunnah and they used to forbid accompanying the people of innovation."
(Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usool il-I'tiqaad, No. 267.)

Ibraheem Ibn Maysarah said, "Whoever honours an innovator has aided in the destruction of Islaam."
(Reported by al-Laalikaa'ee, 1/39)

Sufyaan ath-Thawree (d. 161H) said, "Whoever listens to an innovator has left the protection of Allah and is entrusted with the innovation."
(Reported by Abu Nu'aym in Al-Hilyah, 7/26 & Ibn Battah, No. 444)

Imaam Maalik (d. 179H) said, "How evil are the people of innovation, we do not give them salaam."
(Reported by al-Baghawee in Sharh us-Sunnah, 1/234)


When Sulaymaan at-Taymee (d. 143H) became ill, he cried intensely and it was said to him, "What makes you cry, the apprehension of death?" He said, "No, but I passed by a Qadariyy and gave salaam to him - and I fear my Lord will hold me to account for it."
(Reported by Abu Nu'aym in Al-Hilyah, 3/32 & Ibn al-Jawzee in Talbees-Iblees p. 13-14)

To Be Continued InshaAllah

0 comments:

Post a Comment