..& I Have Accepted The Invitation

Thursday, November 19, 2009

And Al-Hajjaj was on a journey between Makkah and Madinah.
 He pulled out his dinner and invited a bedouin to eat with him and the bedouin said:
 “I have been invited by One who is better than you and I have accepted the invitation.”
He asked: “And who is this?”
The man replied: “Allah invited me to fast, and I fasted.”
 Al-Hajjaj asked: “On this very hot day?”
The man replied: “Yes. I am fasting it in anticipation of a much hotter day.”
al-Hajjaj said: “So, eat today and fast tomorrow.”
The man replied: “Only if you can guarantee that I will live until tomorrow.”
al-Hajjaj said: “This isn’t in my hands.”
The man said: “How can you ask me to do something now when there is something of the future that isn’t in your hands?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment